Monday, December 6, 2010

Is the purpose of waking up a big deal?



Almost all people rise every morning possessing different reasons. But at times students, teachers, lawyers, vendors, businessmen, even presidents wake up every morning with no definite aim.

I remember, my mom got up so early just to prepare the table for us to have our breakfast before going to school. Everyday, she hums an upbeat melody that makes us wonder why she feels so happy most of the time. She seemed not tired doing something. One day, I asked her why she kept the habit very early for us. But she just simply said that she wanted it and she's happy.

I also remember my student who served in the army for six years and uttered all sorts of bad-mouthing towards himself every time he wakes up. He told me that as soon as he opened his eyes and dragged himself to be awake, he conceived thousands of bullshit in his mind. He thought at that life isn't worth it to live for. For him his life was a mess.


There are times, I woke up forgetting the reason why I had to. Forgetting the purpose of my existence and the reason why I'm still awake. But I'm not alone. How many people in this world who seem to do many things in a day just not knowing why they have to do that?

Why do I need to talk about waking up? What's the big deal about it? Will life change if someone knows why he has to wake up? The answer is YES. Having a purpose makes it more easier for the person to reach his daily goal, meet the obstacles and embrace happiness.

Having a reason to wake up everyday makes a person able to sustain life. My mom knows her purpose. She knows why she wakes up. And she knows all the obstacles, how to meet them and be happy. But my student never realize the beauty of life because he never have any aspiration at all.

I am a teacher, a mother and a friend. I wake up inspired everyday for my students, my children and my friends. I know I am going to be on their side whatever will happen and doing that will always be my happiness. I wake up with a purpose and sleep fulfilled.

No comments: